Insurance options

You probably have insurance for your home, car and your phone. However in our busy lives we often overlook personal insurance - and this brings the risk that you or your family could struggle financially if the unexpected occurred.
Insurance options

We can help you with your insurance needs

Get the right cover

  • Icon Home Loan Check Lightblue 200X200
    My Protection Plan

    Stay on top of your repayments if the unexpected happens.

    Find out more

  • Icon Car Insurance 200X200
    Car insurance

    Allianz Motor Insurance has a great range of features and benefits designed to suit customers with different needs.

    Find out more

  • Icon Home Insurance 200X200
    Home buildings and contents

    Insure your home inside and out from loss or damage caused by one or more of 11 insured events.

    Find out more

  • Icon Bank 200X200
    Lenders Mortgage Insurance

    If you're borrowing more than 80% of a property's value, it's likely you'll need to pay LMI.

    Find out more

  • Icon Mortgage 200X200
    Landlord Insurance

    Cover for your investment property from insured events.

    Find out more

Insurance FAQs

Comprehensive Motor Insurance provides you with cover for repairing or replacing your vehicle if it is damaged in an accident or while it is not being driven. It also provides you with cover for damage you cause to other people’s property and vehicles.

Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance provides drivers of your vehicle with cover for compensation claims made against them by people who have been injured in a car accident determined to be their fault.

Third Party Property Damage Motor Insurance only provides cover for loss or damage to someone else's property caused by a car accident which is determined to be your fault.

If you are altering the security on your property you should inform your insurer as it may change the conditions of your home insurance. You may also be eligible for a discount.

Before commencing renovations it is important that you notify your insurer as it may affect the terms and conditions of your home insurance policy. It is important that you increase your sum insured to reflect any extensions or renovations to make sure you are adequately covered in the event of a home insurance claim.

Yes, it is important that your insurer is informed of any change in the use of a premise.

Flood cover is an option on both Buildings and Contents in Home and Landlord policies. Please call us on 1300 736 085  to find out whether you are eligible for Flood cover. For full details of conditions and exclusions of all our home insurance cover options, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), policy documents and flood supplementary PDS.

Accidental Damage is an option you can choose which covers unintentional mishaps around your home. Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for information about what is covered under this option.

Portable Contents cover is an option that you can choose that covers personal items both inside your home and outside your home. Please refer to Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for a full list of items covered under this option.

Fusion is the burning out of electric motor or its wiring caused by the electric current in it.

Landlord insurance protects the owners of tenanted spaces such as an office, retail space or investment property. It is worth purchasing coverage as it can protect your property from unintentional or deliberate damage by tenants.

If you have other assets - equipment, a business, a car etc, it might be worth investigating your insurance options.

Strata insurance only covers common property and structures, you may like to consider contents insurance.

Mortgage Choice brokers offers mortgage protection insurance, car insurance, home building and contents insurance, lenders mortgage insurance, and landlord insurance.

Insurance is a great way to manage the risks associated with unforeseen circumstances and disasters. By insuring yourself and your assets, you can protect you and your family from financial problems and stress should an unexpected event occur.

You can insure most things, but what options you choose will vary on your unique set of needs and circumstances. To work out what insurance products are right for you, make sure you speak to your Mortgage Choice mortgage broker and a financial adviser.

As a general rule of thumb, it is a good idea to review your insurance needs as soon as you purchase an asset (property, vehicle, business etc) or have a change in circumstances (new job, get married, have a child etc).

When it comes to taking out insurance, it is important that you do not delay the process. The sooner you insure yourself, your family and your assets, the quicker you can rest easy in the knowledge that you are protected should unforeseen circumstances arise.

Insurance costs will vary depending on what type of insurances you have, the product and the insurer.  

HB Image 584X500 0024 Image 1 WR

Find your local Mortgage Choice broker

Find a broker